Mint grows like crazy, so you really need a lot of creative ways to use the leaves you harvest. This recipe uses a lot of mint, and is super easy. It would be a great compliment to fish, or you could also toss a whole wheat pasta with this pesto. To make a special side dish, you could use the pesto as a dressing for a salad made up of diced tomatoes (try using two or three different colors) and sliced cucumbers. All three would make a nice, light, summer dinner enjoyed out on the balcony.
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted, shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Coarse sea salt to taste (you can substitute kosher salt)
- In a food processor (or blender) process all ingredients until smooth.
- Can be made ahead of time. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.